Consulate General of the United States in Hong Kong

When a US citizen needs the help of the Consulate General , something has gone terribly wrong. Consulate General in Hong Kong is here to help the US citizens traveling to Hong Kong, traveling through Hong Kong or living in Hong Kong.

When an American citizen is arrested, is victim of a crime or loses the passport, the Consulate General may provide help. If an American citizen dies, goes missing or is abducted, the Consulate General may also help. The Consulate General also is able to offer a list of lawyers and doctors if an American citizen needs such services.

Emergency contact

If a US citizen needs immediate consular assistance contact the American Citizens Services Unit at [852] 2841-2211, 2841-2225 or 2841-2323 during regular business hours. For death, arrests, hospitalizations or other emergencies involving U.S. citizens outside of the regular business hours, call 2523-9011, press 2 for English and 1 for emergencies to be connected to our after-hours duty officer.

Consulate General of the United States in Hong Kong

Address: 26 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong

View Larger Map

Tel: 2841-2211, 2841-2323, 2841-2225
Fax: 2845-4845

Hours For American Citizens Services
Monday – Friday 8:30 – Noon and 1:30 to 4:00,
Except Wednesdays (8:30 to Noon only)

All services are by appointment only.